You can tell a lot about someone based on what they say about themselves! Jesus said that out of the heart the mouth speaks. (Matthew 12:34) Here are some of the things we are saying about ourselves at the Lighthouse and don't mind sharing with the world!
What we are saying about our pastors...
- He is the head and not the tail, above and not beneath.
- He lives in the peace and rest of God. (Hebrews 4:3)
- He is anointed by the Spirit of God to preach the good news, proclaim freedom, restore blind eyes, release the oppressed and proclaim the year of the Lord. (Isaiah 61:1-3)
What we are saying about the congregation...
- God has given us a message to tell the nations, we are influential people, and we use our influence to advance the Kingdom. (I Corinthians 1:26)
- The love of Christ compels us into action. (II Corinthians 5:14)
What we are saying about our youth groups...
- They hear the word and are quick to receive and act on it. (Matthew 13:8)
- As they have been discipled, they turn and make disciples. (Matthew 28:19)
- They lead quiet lives, winning the respect of outsiders; they will have happy marriages and will be active leaders in their local churches. (I Thessalonians 4:11-12)
- They affect their generation in a positive and creative way. They are a force for good. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- Their hearts are open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. They freely enter into prayer, praise, and the Word. (Romans 8:14-15)
- They have strong friendships that are built on Jesus. (Psalm 133:1)
What we are saying about the Crew kids...
- The kingdom of God belongs to these kids. (Mark 10:14)
- As Israel was separated unto the Lord, these children are separated unto God; they are a chosen, holy generation. (I Peter 2:9)
- They have the mind of Christ and succeed at their work at school. (I Corinthians 2:16)
- These are the missionaries, teachers, prophets, apostles, deacons, and pastors of the next generation. They will go into all the world and preach the good news. (Matthew 28:18-20)